- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Thanthi TV expands LiveU deployment for live news coverage
MUMBAI: Tamil news channel Thanthi TV has strengthened its LiveU deployment to support its live newsgathering capabilities.
Thanthi TV is adding eight LU500 portable transmission units and upgrading another nine LU70s to the LU500, bringing the total count to 17 units overall.
Thanthi TV (Metronation Chennai Television Pvt Ltd) COO Prasanna Jothi said, “As existing LiveU customers, we’ve been very satisfied with the product and service provided by LiveU’s local partner Lamhas Satellite Services. When we decided to increase our fleet of products, the LU500 was a natural choice. Besides being compact and user-friendly, it offers superior video performance and reliability due to its robust internal modems and proprietary antenna technology. We’re discussing further expansion in 2017.”
Powered by LiveU’s multi-processor video encoding engine and weighing 1 kg, the LU500 is LiveU’s flagship uplink device for professional news gathering.
LiveU owns the patent for cellular bonding for remote newsgathering in the US, Europe, China and other countries, and all LiveU products are based on this fourth-generation patented technology.
LiveU offers a complete range of devices for live video coverage anytime, anywhere. In addition, LiveU offers extensive cloud-based management and video distribution solutions. With top-tier customers in 80+ countries, LiveU’s solutions are being utilised for breaking and developing news and high-profile events, such as the FIFA World Cup, Winter and Summer Olympic Games, Presidential Campaigns, Super Bowls, US Collegiate Championships and red-carpet events.
LiveU’s solutions include multiple 4G LTE/3G, HSPA+, WiMAX and Wi-Fi cellular links, which are optimised for maximum video quality based on the available network conditions.