- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Thai singer Ann Mitchai goes desi with Universal Music India
MUMBAI: That Bollywood is popular and is well followed internationally is common knowledge. But here is a singer from Thailand who is so smitten with Bollywood that after acting in a Bollywood film, she is now launching her own music album with Universal Music India.
Ann Mitchai is a popular actress and singer from Thailand who recently made her debut in Bollywood with the movie ‘Ishk Actually’ opposite Rajeev Khandelwal. The songstress is now back in tinsel town to record her first international music album—yes, with a desi touch—with Universal Music Publishing India.
The singer is gearing up for the release of her album ‘Superstar’ by the end of March in India and Thailand. The album comprises seven songs narrating her journey, background and identity. Aiming to show Thai culture in its essence, the music videos will feature Likay art which is a form of folk theatre in the country.
The album will also feature a special dance number titled ‘Naach’, which will see Mitchai sing in Hindi.
Prior to this, the singer-actor had rendered two songs for her debut film ‘Ishk Actually’, which released in November 2013. The songs were an amalgamation of Hindi and English lyrics.
Speaking about her experience, Mitchai told TelevisionPost.com, “I am a big fan of Bollywood and after having acted in a movie, this album is my dream come true. I have been learning Hindi and Bollywood dance too, and I am enjoying it. Bollywood is a big market across the globe and it is also widely popular in Thailand.”
The self-confessed Bollywood fan lists out her favourite in the industry with much enthusiasm. Mitchai is a big fan of Madhuri Dixit and Sridevi, and hopes to work with them one day.
Among her favourite Bollywood actors are Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan, with ‘Khuda Gawah’ being her favourite movie and ‘Dola Re’ from ‘Devdas’ her most loved song.
The singer is now keen on exploring both singing and acting in Bollywood and is preparing herself for a second outing with a much bigger break in Bollywood.