- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Ten Sports acquires rights to 2018 Commonwealth Games
MUMBAI: After telecasting the 2014 Commonwealth Games, Ten Sports has acquired the Indian subcontinent broadcast rights to the 2018 Commonwealth Games set to be held on Australia’s Gold Coast from 4 to 15 April 2018.
Ten Sports has acquired free-to-air and pay TV rights for the 2018 Commonwealth Games across India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. It also has radio,Internet and mobile rights.
Commonwealth Games Federation CEO Michael Hooper said, “The arrangement we have reached with Ten Sports to become another of our broadcast partners for 2018, coming as it does on the heels of the CGF’s deal announced earlier this week with Australia’s Seven Network, is testament to how popular the Commonwealth Games brand has become across the world. It also demonstrates how the magic and excitement of the Games translates into immense value for broadcasters.”
Gold Coast 2018 will be the 21st Commonwealth Games and will feature 17 sports across 11 days of competition.
Ten Sports global CEO Rajesh Sethi said, “After the enormous success of Glasgow 2014, we are very happy to extend our partnership with the Commonwealth Games Federation for the 21st edition of the Commonwealth Games to be held in Gold Coast, Australia. The ever increasing Indian participation and success at these Games is very encouraging and we at Ten Sports will continue delivering the best of action from the 17 sporting disciplines in the coming years which will serve as great build up to the Commonwealth Games 2018.”
Ten Sports will be telecasting the Asian Games in September-October this year.
For the 2014 Games, the channel had provided multi-channel coverage of the games along with studio analysis and build up shows to educate audiences about the sporting disciplines and medal prospects.