- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Ten Golf to be available only in HD from 7 Oct
MUMBAI: Ten Sports Network’s Golf channel Ten Golf, which is currently available in standard definition (SD), is being upgraded to high definition (HD).
The channel will be renamed Ten Golf HD and will be available on Tata Sky and other leading platforms starting 7 October. There will be no SD feed of the channel.
Launched in 2012, Ten Golf was the first dedicated Golf channel in India. With Ten Golf HD, Ten Sports network will enhance viewing experience and golf enthusiasts will now be able to watch the best of golf content in HD format.
Ten Golf HD will boast of major events including Ryder Cup and PGA Championship besides leading international tours like the European Tour and the Asian Tour. It will showcase the best of Indian golf through its tie-up with the Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI). Leading women’s golf tour LPGA is another premier offering on Ten Golf HD.
Additionally, the channel will broadcast daily programming including content from Golf Channel USA and Golfing World with specific shows targeted at educating viewers about the sport as well as content on golfing tips.
Ten Sports Global CEO Rajesh Sethi is confident of the acceptance and uptake of the channel. “Watching the best golfers ply their trade on the lush greens of the best golf courses in the world in High Definition (HD) is a different viewing experience altogether. We have been receiving increased demand for Ten Golf in HD and we are happy to our audiences what they desire through Ten Golf HD,” Sethi said.