- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
T20 World Cup helps DD National score high in Week 13
MUMBAI: Riding on the World T20 wave, DD National rose swiftly on the Hindi GEC chart to end at the fifth spot in the week ended 1 April. In the prior week, the public broadcaster ranked seventh in the Hindi GEC hierarchy, according to data released by BARC.
Star Plus, Colors, Zee TV and Zee Anmol remained the top four Hindi GECs in that order.
During the week under consideration, the India vs West Indies T20 match was the most-watched programme, followed by ‘Naagin’ on Colors, ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ on Zee TV and ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ on Star Plus.
Knocking down Star Gold from its leadership position, Zee Cinema moved from the second spot in Week 12 to No. 1 in Week 13.
Star Gold moved down to the third slot, with MAX running second.
Epic film ‘Baahubali: The Beginning’ on MAX was the top movie of the week. The next three slots all went to three films showcased on Zee Cinema.