- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
T20 World Cup helps DD National score high in Week 13
MUMBAI: Riding on the World T20 wave, DD National rose swiftly on the Hindi GEC chart to end at the fifth spot in the week ended 1 April. In the prior week, the public broadcaster ranked seventh in the Hindi GEC hierarchy, according to data released by BARC.
Star Plus, Colors, Zee TV and Zee Anmol remained the top four Hindi GECs in that order.
During the week under consideration, the India vs West Indies T20 match was the most-watched programme, followed by ‘Naagin’ on Colors, ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ on Zee TV and ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ on Star Plus.
Knocking down Star Gold from its leadership position, Zee Cinema moved from the second spot in Week 12 to No. 1 in Week 13.
Star Gold moved down to the third slot, with MAX running second.
Epic film ‘Baahubali: The Beginning’ on MAX was the top movie of the week. The next three slots all went to three films showcased on Zee Cinema.