- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
T20 WC: Ten Sports eyes $20 mn ad rev from the Pakistani market
MUMBAI: Even as India bemoans the loss to Pakistan in the ongoing Asia Cup, there is one Indian company that is not complaining at all. In fact, ZEEL-owned sports broadcaster Taj Television is laughing all the way to the bank due to the Pakistani team’s strong showing in the Asia Cup competition.
Taj Television, which has taken the broadcast rights for ICC T20 World Cup for the Pakistani market, is eyeing ad revenue of $18-20 million from the event. This is an almost 25-30 per cent jump from the $14.5 million it had made from the 2012 ICC T20 World Cup in Sri Lanka.
Taj Television, which owns and operates Ten Sports Pakistan, has fledgling operations in the country. For Ten Sports, Pakistan is among one of the key markets outside India. Power Sports is the subsidiary company under which Ten Sports Pakistan operates.
“We are targeting ad revenues of $18-20 million from Pakistan for the tournament. We have already sold inventory worth $7-8 million. In the last T20 World Cup, we had earned $14.5 million,” said Ten Sports CEO Rajesh Sethi. The Pakistani team’s performance has only made the task of selling ad slots easier for us, he added.
Ten Sports competes with Geo Super, Pakistan’s only private sports broadcaster. PTV Sports is the public sportscaster of Pakistan, an equivalent of DD Sports in India.
Being the only serious private sportscaster in that country, Ten Sports Pakistan is a natural home for most of the cricket tournaments. No wonder it has also been the preferred partner for ICC’s official broadcast partner in that country.