- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Swastik Productions, writer Saba Mumtaz float company
MUMBAI: Production house Swastik Productions and senior writer Saba Mumtaz have floated a company called Mumtaz Saba Productions.
Swastik Productions and Mumtaz are currently working on a romantic social drama for Zee TV.
Swastik Productions producer Rahul Kumar Tewary said, “Mumtaz Saba Productions is a partnership company between Swastik and Saba. It’s another creative production house that functions independently of Swastik. It’s headed by Saba Mumtaz, who is talented and has a great body of work behind her, we have a lot of fresh concepts and it will surely create a name for itself really soon”
Mumtaz added, “Mumtaz Saba Productions is indeed a very exciting venture for all of us. Siddharth Kumar Tewary and Rahul Kumar Tewary have earned a formidable track record of great TV shows under the banner of Swastik and they continue to do so. I am really looking forward to seeing what we can create. The intent in our joining hands is simple—to bring our best to the table and produce content that is entertaining for our audiences and worthwhile for our broadcasters. We are glad that Zee has chosen to showcase and back our first offering.”
Going ahead, the production house might create more shows under this new company together.
After the success of ‘Mahabharat’ on Star Plus, producer duo Siddharth Kumar Tewary and Rahul Kumar Tewary have five shows to their credit, namely ‘Razia Sultan’ (&TV), ‘Yam Hai Hum’ (SAB TV), ‘Manmarziyan’ (Star Plus), ‘Suryaputra Karn’ (Sony TV) and ‘Begusarai’ (&TV).
Their previous shows include ‘Bandhan’, ‘Phulwa’, ‘Navya’, ‘Mata Ki Chowki’, ‘Saas v/s Bahu’, ‘Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo’ and ‘Amber Dhara’.
Mumtaz has written shows like ‘Yeh Ristha Kya Kehlata Hai’, ‘Sapney Suhaney Ladakpan Ke’, ‘Saraswatichandra’, ‘Bade Acche Lagtey Hai’, ‘Uttaran’, ‘Prithvi Raj Chauhan’, ‘Razia Sultan’ and ‘Navya’. She had co-produced ‘Ek Boond Ishq’ in the past.