- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Suvarna claims 25% rise in viewers for Bigg Boss Kannada 2
MUMBAI: Star network’s Kannada general entertainment channel Suvarna TV has claimed an approximate increase of 25 per cent in viewers for the second season of Bigg Boss Kannada.
As per a statement issued by the channel, Endemol India’s reality format Bigg Boss has hit the top of the charts and has been increasingly gaining popularity with audiences across age groups.
Hosted by Sudeep, the show garnered a 6.41 TVR in the last week of August with an average of 753 million viewers, an approximate 25 per cent increase over the 604 million viewers for Season 1 of the show.
Endemol India COO television Abhishek Rege said, “The combinations of Superstar Sudeep, the Bigg Boss Kannada House, an intriguing mix of housemates and Suvarna TV is an explosive one. The disruptive and differentiated format and content of the show has hit a high note with the audiences and the peaking TVR’s and the show’s gaining popularity is evidence of the same. We are encouraged by the fantastic response received by Bigg Boss Kannada Season 2 and hope that the legacy of record breaking TRP’s for Bigg Boss continues.”
The channel states that the show launched at 961 TVM versus 661 TVM in the first season. The show also contributed approximately 40 per cent of the channel’s GVM and is one of the key factors attributing to the channel’s current number two position.
Based on the format of ‘Big Brother’, Bigg Boss Kannada season two airs everyday at 8 pm on the channel and is slated to culminate soon.