- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
Supreme Court hearing on IPL scandal to continue on Thursday
MUMBAI: The Supreme Court’s hearing on wrongdoings in the cash-rich Indian Premiere League (IPL) will continue on Thursday.
Cricket Association of Bihar (CAB) requested the court to make public the names of the players mentioned in the probe report that was submitted by the Justice Mukul Mudgal committee.
CAB’s lawyer Harish Salve produced in the court the IPL accreditation documents that show Gurunath Meiyappan as Chennai Super Kings’ team principal.
Salve appealed to the court to keep away the stepped aside BCCI president N Srinivasan from the Indian cricket board under section 6 (of BCCI) for two to five years.
So far the Supreme Court has decided against making the names of the players public. The identities of individuals two and three are said to be of importance.
Meanwhile, former IPL chairman, Commissioner Lalit Modi has said that he is financing the CAB’s petition. On Twitter he wrote, ” Yes, I am financing the operation of Bihar cricket as are many others who want the truth to surface.” He also posted a link to a YouTube video and wrote, “The fixed RR vs CSK game IPL 2013 for your review again.”