- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Sun TV’s HD channels join Amagi’s geo-targeted ad network
MUMBAI: Sun TV Network, South India’s largest broadcast network, has joined Amagi Media Labs’ targeted TV advertising network, to help advertisers reach out to niche South Indian audience.
As part of the partnership, Amagi Media Labs will add Sun TV’s high-definition (HD) channels to its bouquet of channels offering targeted advertising solutions.
These channels include Sun TV HD, KTV HD, Sun Music HD, Gemini TV HD, Gemini Movies HD, Gemini Music HD, Udaya TV HD and Surya TV HD.
All HD channels from Sun TV Network carry the same content as their SD counterparts. Using Amagi’s technology, Sun TV Network will monetise HD feed by separating HD feed from SD to which Amagi will have exclusive sales rights.
Amagi offers geo-targeted advertising solutions for 23 channels across 26 markets in India.
Viacom18 recently partnered Amagi to offer geo-targeted advertising solutions for its regional GECs Colors Kannada and Colors Marathi.
Other TV channels which are already on the Amagi platform for geo-targeting include Zee, Colors, Times Now, ET Now, Movies Now, Romedy Now, Mirror Now, Zoom, Zee Cinema, Zee News, News 18 India, CNBC Awaaz, CNN News 18, IBN Lokmat, NDTV 24X7 and NDTV Prime.