- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Sun TV threatens to disconnect signals to Hathway
MUMBAI: Sun Distribution Services, the TV distribution arm of Sun TV Network, has issued a disconnection notice to multi-system operator (MSO) Hathway Cable & Datacom for non-payment of subscription fee, non-submission of SMS reports and retransmission of signals in non-authorised areas.
The notice is for the digital addressable system (DAS) Phase I and II areas in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Thane, Dombivali, Nashik, Pune, Allahabad, Faridabad, Jaipur, Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Aurangabad and Gurgaon besides Mira Road, which falls in DAS Phase III.
Sun said that its TV channels will not be available on the MSO’s platform 21 days from the date of issue of the notice.
Sun TV Network is one of the largest television broadcasters in India, operating satellite television channels across four languages of Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam.
Hathway has a consolidated digital subscriber base of 12.2 million subscribers spanning 140 cities.