- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Sun TV Network Q4 net remains flat at Rs 236 cr as revenue rises by just 3%
MUMBAI: Sun TV Network’s standalone net profit for the fiscal fourth quarter has remained flat at Rs 235.91 crore vis-à-vis Rs 235.47 crore for the corresponding quarter of the previous fiscal year as revenue from operations grew by a mere 3%.
The company operates TV channels across four Southern languages of Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam, airs FM radio stations across India, and owns the Sunrisers Hyderabad Cricket franchise of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Revenue from operations grew by 3% at Rs 582.50 crore as against Rs 564.97 crore for the corresponding quarter of the previous fiscal year.
Subscription revenue for the quarter was up 12% at Rs 241.88 crore as against Rs 216.60 crore a year ago. The company did not provide the ad revenue figures for the quarter.
For the full fiscal, the standalone net profit was up by 13% at Rs 979.41 crore compared to Rs 869.69 crore for the previous year.
EBITDA was up at Rs 1,736.97 crore in FY17 as against Rs 1,695.94 crore a year ago.
Revenue from operations was up 7% at Rs 2,558.25 crore compared to Rs 2,395.21 crore a year ago.
Subscription revenue saw an 18% growth at Rs 961.41 crore as against Rs 812.68 crore.
At a consolidated level, the company’s net profit was up by 12% at Rs 1,030.66 crore for the year as against Rs 922.31 crore for the previous year. EBITDA was up at Rs 1,769.85 crore as against Rs 1,732.74 crore.
Consolidated revenue was up by 7% at R. 2,645.72 crore compared to Rs 2,473.64 crore for the corresponding year.