- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Sun TV explains position on arrest of its COO
MUMBAI: With Sun TV Network chief operating officer C Pravin caught on the wrong foot, the company was under pressure to clarify on allegations of sexual harassment against its senior executive by a former employee.
Seeking to explain its position on the arrest of its COO, Sun TV Network said today that the woman employee who filed a complaint against Pravin had resigned 10 months back.
“In this regard, we would like to state that Mr. C. Praveen, chief operating officer of our company was taken into custody on the basis of a complaint against him by a former woman employee who resigned 10 months ago,” Sun TV Network said.
BSE had sought clarification from the company with respect to a news article appearing on 27 December titled “Top official of Sun Network arrested”.
Pravin was arrested by the Chennai police following a complaint of sexual harassment by a former woman employee. She alleged that the harassment led her to quit the job.
Incidentally, Sun News editor V Raja was arrested last year following a similar complaint by an anchor.