- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Sun TV explains position on arrest of its COO
MUMBAI: With Sun TV Network chief operating officer C Pravin caught on the wrong foot, the company was under pressure to clarify on allegations of sexual harassment against its senior executive by a former employee.
Seeking to explain its position on the arrest of its COO, Sun TV Network said today that the woman employee who filed a complaint against Pravin had resigned 10 months back.
“In this regard, we would like to state that Mr. C. Praveen, chief operating officer of our company was taken into custody on the basis of a complaint against him by a former woman employee who resigned 10 months ago,” Sun TV Network said.
BSE had sought clarification from the company with respect to a news article appearing on 27 December titled “Top official of Sun Network arrested”.
Pravin was arrested by the Chennai police following a complaint of sexual harassment by a former woman employee. She alleged that the harassment led her to quit the job.
Incidentally, Sun News editor V Raja was arrested last year following a similar complaint by an anchor.