- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Sudhanshu Vats replaces Punit Goenka as BARC India chairman
MUMBAI: Viacom18 Group CEO Sudhanshu Vats has replaced Zee Entertainment MD & CEO Punit Goenka as BARC India chairman.
BARC India board said Monday it has elected Vats as its new chairman. The move comes in after Goenka successfully completed his tenure as the chairman of BARC, which is the joint industry company (JIC) of broadcasters, advertisers and advertising agencies.
“It is indeed an honour and a privilege to be elected as the chairperson of BARC India. In a span of 2 years, BARC India has been able to build a strong TV viewership measurement system. I’m honoured to have been given the opportunity to take the work being done by the entire team to the next level. I feel privileged because this comes at a time when our industry is about to enter its next growth orbit and a robust, comprehensive measurement system will only accelerate this transition. Finally, measurement and analytics is an area of personal interest and I couldn’t have asked for a better way to learn more about it,” said Vats.
Vats has been associated with BARC India since its inception and has been a part of all the developments as a member of the board of directors.
“Being the chairman of BARC India has been a great experience. It has been a great ride, and indeed an exciting one. We started off with certain ideologies of being transparent, robust and being able to measure “What India Watches”. The team at BARC India has been able to achieve this. We brought in a lot of changes in the TV viewership measurement system in order to make it comparable to global standards and to a great extent have been able to achieve that. I wish Sudhanshu all the best for all the future endeavours,” said Goenka.
Added BARC India CEO Partho Dasgupta, “We welcome Sudhanshu as our new chairman. Being a veteran in the industry, he will bring in his larger perspective in the media and entertainment space. Punit, as the first chairman, has given the team the right thrust.”