- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Star’s English channels top gainer in Week 3
MUMBAI: Star Movies reclaimed its top position, moving up two ranks in the week ended 20 January.
Sony Pix, last week’s top English movie channel, slipped a rank as did the next in the hierarchy, Movies Now.
Movies Now 2 entered the list of the top 5 English movie channels, replacing HBO in the fourth rank. HBO fell to the fifth spot, according to BARC data for the week ended 20 January.
Top 5 movies
Sony Pix had three of its movie screenings in the top five, while HBO and Zee Studio had one each.
Top 5 English entertainment channels
Star World jumped two places to take the No. 1 spot in the English entertainment genre.
Comedy Central, which was at the top in the week-ago period, slipped a rank as did Zee Cafe.
AXN and Colors Infinity SD swapped positions, BARC data for Week 3 showed.
Top 5 infotainment channels
There was no change in the pecking order, with Discovery Channel topping the infotainment genre.
Top 5 kids channels
The hierarchy in the kids genre remained unchanged. Nick was the leader channel, followed by Cartoon Network.