- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Star’s English channels top gainer in Week 3
MUMBAI: Star Movies reclaimed its top position, moving up two ranks in the week ended 20 January.
Sony Pix, last week’s top English movie channel, slipped a rank as did the next in the hierarchy, Movies Now.
Movies Now 2 entered the list of the top 5 English movie channels, replacing HBO in the fourth rank. HBO fell to the fifth spot, according to BARC data for the week ended 20 January.
Top 5 movies
Sony Pix had three of its movie screenings in the top five, while HBO and Zee Studio had one each.
Top 5 English entertainment channels
Star World jumped two places to take the No. 1 spot in the English entertainment genre.
Comedy Central, which was at the top in the week-ago period, slipped a rank as did Zee Cafe.
AXN and Colors Infinity SD swapped positions, BARC data for Week 3 showed.
Top 5 infotainment channels
There was no change in the pecking order, with Discovery Channel topping the infotainment genre.
Top 5 kids channels
The hierarchy in the kids genre remained unchanged. Nick was the leader channel, followed by Cartoon Network.