- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Star World to unveil new day-and-date primetime slot on 21 Sep
MUMBAI: English entertainment channel Star World is launching a brand-new day-and-date primetime slot called ‘Star World Now Trending’ beginning 21 September.
The ‘Star World Now Trending’ slot will air the biggest international television shows soon after the US on weekdays at 9 pm and on weekends at 8 pm.
Through the ‘Star World Now Trending’ slot, the channel will be setting a new benchmark by premiering over eight new primetime shows over the week.
Audiences are in for a treat with an exciting line-up of shows including genre benders like ‘Scream Queens 2’. In terms of thrillers and dramas, the channel will be bringing back ‘Empire 3’, ‘The Blacklist 4’ and ‘How to Get Away with Murder 3’. The channel will also premiere the sixth season of the feel-good comedy show ‘2 Broke Girls’ and the musical comedy show ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend 2’.
Star World has also planned several new show launches starting September. These include ‘Pitch’, a sports-drama series based on the inspiring journey of a woman trying to create history in a man’s world through Major League Baseball, and ‘Son of Zorn’, a live-action animated TV series starring Hollywood actor Jason Sudeikis as Zorn.
Commenting on the line-up, a Star India spokesperson said, “Star World has always been a pioneer in the English television space by setting benchmarks with innovations, fresh content and engaging experiences for the viewers. With the ‘Star World Now Trending’ primetime slot, we are yet again pushing the envelope to deliver over eight new shows. For the first time ever, audiences will be able to catch the latest episodes of all the biggest TV shows along with the world.”