- IPL: ED issues show cause notice to KKR co-owners Shah Rukh Khan, Juhi Chawla
- India plans to seal international border with Pak, Bangladesh: Rajnath
- Gaikwad should apologise for his unaccepted behaviour: Politicos
- Doctors' strike ends after Bombay HC ultimatum
- Action on slaughterhouses: Yogi Adityanath govt enforcing laws that existed for years but nobody cared
- Aadhaar verification process for phones to start soon; task to cost Rs 1000 crore for telcos
- Kawasaki-Bajaj end India alliance of 8 years
Star World to premiere ‘Prison Break’ season 1 from 16 Jan
MUMBAI: Star World and Star World HD will air the first season of drama series ‘Prison Break’ from 16 January.
The series will air Monday to Friday at 8 pm, before the latest season launches in summer.
Michael Scofield (Wentworth Miller), a brilliant structural engineer, sets out on an unimaginable journey that sees him navigate the dangerous hallways of Fox River State Penitentiary as he plans a daring escape to save his brother Lincoln (Dominic Purcell) from execution.
Using the intricate network of tattoos etched across his body that disguises the prison’s blueprints, Michael and his brother fight to escape with the aid of six other inmates, each more dangerous than the other. Like pieces of a puzzle that keep you intrigued till the very end, every episode reveals another piece of the plot even as the mystery deepens leading to a far-reaching national-scale conspiracy.
A perfect adrenaline dose for everyone who loves a good thriller, the show has won the People’s Choice Award for Favorite New TV Drama and was nominated for the Golden Globes Best Television Series – Drama. Protagonist Wentworth Miller was also nominated several times for Best Actor in the Television Drama series including at the People’s Choice Awards and the Golden Globes.