- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Star World to launch new property ‘Star World Weekend Binge’
MUMBAI: To strengthen the weekend band, English GEC Star World will launch a new property called the ‘Star World Weekend Binge’ on 25 April.
Keeping in mind the growing need for uninterrupted entertainment, ‘Star World Weekend Binge’ will give viewers a chance to watch the entire season of series at one go. Breaking the category custom of showing old reruns over weekends, Star World will premiere over seven shows in 13 weeks. The channel will launch the property on 25 April with a season premiere of ‘Shonda Rhimes’ and ‘How to Get Away with Murder’.
The other shows lined up for the quarter include the first two seasons of James Spader’s ‘The Blacklist’. ‘Star World Weekend Binge’ will air every Saturday and Sunday 12 noon onwards and include the latest seasons of ‘Modern Family’, ‘New Girl’, and ‘Two and a Half Men’.
In terms of marketing, the channel for the first time created a mascot for the property. Called Binge Baba, the animated mascot will play a crucial role to connect, engage, and excite consumers about ‘Star World Weekend Binge’. The channel is creating an all-out marketing campaign with focus on TV, digital, and on-ground consumer- and trade-centric campaigns.
A Star spokesperson said, “We being a premiere destination in the English entertainment category, our viewers have come to expect a lot from Star World. There is a growing international trend of content being consumed at one go, and a similar trend is emerging even in India. However, currently in our country the avenues to partake in this trend are very limited and practically non-existent. As leaders of the category, we are taking the initiative of filling this void with fresh and uninterrupted premium English programming and supporting it with a path-breaking marketing initiative. ‘Star World Weekend Binge’ is going to be for those viewers who can’t wait to watch what happens next and want to consume the complete story at one go.”