- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Star World Premiere HD to premiere 3 shows in July
MUMBAI: Star World Premiere HD will premiere three new shows starting with a mobster drama on 18 July at 10 pm.
The first of the new shows, ‘Queen of the South’, will dramatise the rise of a female drug lord. This will be followed by the second season of comedy drama ‘Ballers’ set in world of sports on 19 July also at 10 pm and an HBO comedy trailing the life of two high-school vice principals competing for power in ‘Vice Principals’ at 10:30 pm on the same day.
‘Queen of the South’ is based on the global best-selling novel ‘La Reina Del Sur’, which tells the tale of Teresa Mendoza (Alice Braga), a woman who is forced to run and seek refuge in America after her drug-dealing boyfriend is unexpectedly murdered in Mexico. Teresa then becomes a force to reckon with in her own right.
The second season of comedy series ‘Ballers’ delves into the murky world of NFL and the myriad of emotions, drama and subterfuge that goes on in the underbelly of the most innocuous of sports. The show features Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) as Spencer Strasmore and Rob Corddry (Hot Tub Time Machine) as Joe Krutel.
‘Vice Principals’ is set against a backdrop of a high school. The show delves into the tussle of two rather colourful vice principals in their fight for supremacy. It pits Neal Gamby, played by Mcbide, against Lee Russel (Walter Goggins), as they seek to one up each other, with the ultimate prize of becoming the top dog at Lincoln High.