- MIB integrates three media units under newly created BOC
- Republic TV, BTVI in strategic content alliance for Union Budget 2018
- Oyeeee Media gets board approval to partner Balaji, Essel Vision
- TV Today invests Rs 28.6 crore in Mail Today
- Prime Focus to raise Rs 330 cr via preferential warrants to cut debt
- Sony acquires India broadcast rights of T10 Cricket League
Star World Premiere HD to bring the latest season of ‘Mad Men’ to India next month
MUMBAI: Furthering the goal of bringing the latest American shows to India, Star World Premiere HD will telecast the final, seventh season of ‘Mad Men’ to its Indian viewers next month.
The last season will air on 14 April at 10 pm.
The period drama is set in the 1960s. It was recently ranked seventh in the list of the 101 best-written TV series of all time by the Writers Guild of America.
The protagonist of the series is the inimitable Madison Avenue advertising executive Don Draper (Jon Hamm). The series revolves around him and also focuses on the people in his life, both in and out of the office. Season Six ended with Draper in a deteriorated state, forced to take a leave of absence from his work.
The final season will consist of 14 episodes airing in two parts. The second half of the season is scheduled to air in the US in 2015.
Creator and Executive Producer Matthew Weiner said, “We plan to take advantage of this chance to have a more elaborate story told in two parts, which can resonate a little bit longer in the minds of our audience. The writers, cast and other artists welcome this unique manner of ending this unique experience.”
Created and executive produced by Matthew Weiner, Mad Men stars Jon Hamm, January Jones, Elisabeth Moss and Vincent Kartheiser.