- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Star World Premiere HD to air World War II miniseries ‘The Pacific’
MUMBAI: English movie channel Star World Premiere HD is planning to raise the entertainment quotient every month as part of its exclusive property ‘Mini Series Of The Month’.
This month, the property will premiere Emmy Award Winning war series ‘The Pacific’ on 1 April and 2 April at 12 pm. Produced and created by the Hollywood legends Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg and Gary Goetzman, the new 10-part miniseries revolves around the intertwined stories of three marines during America’s battle with the Japanese in the Pacific during World War II.
Interestingly, ‘The Pacific’ is the most expensive miniseries ever made by any network with vintage vehicles (both American and Japanese), weaponry and other equipment making this TV experience as ‘realistic’ as possible for viewers.
The series is also based on the stories shared in the real memoirs of US Marines Eugene Sledge and Robert Leckie, both of whom are characters in the miniseries, played by Joseph Mazzello (Jurassic Park, The Social Network G.I. Joe: Retaliation) and James Badge Dale (13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, Iron Man 3, World War Z) respectively.