- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Star World Premiere HD to air final 7 episodes of ‘Mad Men’ in April
MUMBAI: Star World Premiere HD is set to bring to its Indian viewers the final seven episodes of the series ‘Mad Men’ in April.
The series will premiere in India on 6 April and air at 10 pm every Monday.
Viewers will witness the high-powered world of advertising, set in 1960s in the drama created by acclaimed executive producer/writer/director Matthew Weiner.
The seventh and final season of the American drama consists of 14 episodes, split into two parts. The first half titled ‘The Beginning’, aired in 2014. The second half titled ‘The End of an Era’ will follow the complex lives of Don, Peggy, Roger, Joan, Betty and Pete, and their families, colleagues, rivals and love interests, as their stories come to an end.
‘Mad Men’ features an ensemble cast including Jon Hamm, January Jones, Elisabeth Moss, Vincent Kartheiser, Christina Hendricks, John Slattery, Jessica Paré, Rich Sommer, Aaron Staton, Robert Morse, Kiernan Shipka, Jay Ferguson and Christopher Stanley.
Set in March of 1960 at the start of Season 1 and moving into 1969 at the start of Season 7, the plot focuses on the business of the advertising agencies as well as the personal lives of the characters. It explores the changing moods and social mores of the United States of America in the 1960s.
The show has earned multiple nominations and awards, including seven Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Drama Series, leading to four wins; three Golden Globe Awards for Best Television Drama Series; a Peabody Award; three Producers Guild Awards; four Writers Guild Awards; two BAFTA Awards; five Television Critics Association Awards, including Program of the Year. For seven consecutive years it has been named as one of AFI’s ‘Top 10 Outstanding Television Programs’.