- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Star World Premiere HD to air ‘Angels in America’
MUMBAI: Star World Premiere HD’s monthly property, Star World Premiere HD Miniseries of the Month, will kick-start its exclusive lineup with ‘Angels in America’.
The movie will air on 6 and 7 August at 7 pm.
‘Angels in America’ was modified for television and directed by Academy Award nominee and Golden Globe winner Mike Nichols, renowned for directing movies such as ‘The Graduate’, ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’, and more.
The miniseries revolves around the social, sexual, religious and other issues faced by America in the 1980s. It follows story plots for numerous characters, who, at first sight, have nothing to do with each other but are all connected by their ideology and experiences, unified by an overarching theme on gay rights at a time when gay rights were given little to no importance in the society. The miniseries, like the play, culminates in a cry for the community to not give up or disappear.
Not only did the play win the Pulitzer Prize but the miniseries itself won 61 notable awards and 42 other nominations, including prestigious awards like the Emmys and Golden Globes. The show broke the record previously held by ‘Roots’ for the most Emmys awarded to a program in a single year. It won a whopping 11 awards including Outstanding Miniseries, Direction, Lead Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress and Casting.