- MIB integrates three media units under newly created BOC
- Republic TV, BTVI in strategic content alliance for Union Budget 2018
- Oyeeee Media gets board approval to partner Balaji, Essel Vision
- TV Today invests Rs 28.6 crore in Mail Today
- Prime Focus to raise Rs 330 cr via preferential warrants to cut debt
- Sony acquires India broadcast rights of T10 Cricket League
Star World Premiere HD set to bring Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’
MUMBAI: After airing the second season of ‘The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’, Star World Premiere HD is set to showcase ‘Agent Carter’, the first project in the Marvel Studios era that stars a single female lead.
Starting 9 January, the series will air every Friday at 10 pm.
It features Marvel Comics character Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell), girlfriend of Captain America Steve Rogers (Chris Evans), building her career as a secret agent while the hero is frozen in ice.
The story is set in 1946 and peace has dealt Carter a serious blow, as she finds herself marginalised when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Carter must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark, all the while trying to navigate life as a single woman in 1940s’ America.
Inspired by the feature films ‘Captain America: The First Avenger’ and ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’, along with the ‘Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter’, the television series is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), sharing continuity with the films of the franchise. Several characters from Marvel Cinematic Universe films will appear throughout the series.
Carter is assisted by Stark and his butler, Edwin Jarvis.