- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Star World launches ‘Game of Thrones’ season seven with personalised posters
MUMBAI: The great war is finally upon Westeros as the first episode of the seventh season of ‘Game of Thrones’ premiered on English GEC Star World last Tuesday at 11 pm.
In order to promote the launch, Star World undertook a digital campaign to engage with fans. It looked to tap into current trends on social media and capitalise on three focal crowd-pullers: selfies, user-generated content and customisation. The aim was to open doors to the ‘Game of Thrones’ universe for Twitterati fans of the series.
Undertaking a real time digital activity, Star World invited fans on Twitter to send in a selfie with the hashtag: #GOT7onSW which they then transformed into a personalised ‘Game of Thrones season 7’ campaign poster.
The channel added that it went on to receive a response that not only re-affirmed the cult status of the show but also love for the brand. Star World India trended worldwide and #GOTS7onSW trended in India for 11 hours with Star World receiving over 25,000 tweets. The fervour, however, didn’t stop as the activity garnered an estimated 161 million impressions with over 3000 personalised posters being rolled out on a real time basis. Influencers like Aashka Goradia, Atul Khatri, Madan Chikna and Pakchikpak Raja Babu got their own personalised posters. Star World also engaged with birthday girl Priyanka Chopra by tweeting out birthday wishes to her through the personalised poster.