- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Star World launches ‘Game of Thrones’ season seven with personalised posters
MUMBAI: The great war is finally upon Westeros as the first episode of the seventh season of ‘Game of Thrones’ premiered on English GEC Star World last Tuesday at 11 pm.
In order to promote the launch, Star World undertook a digital campaign to engage with fans. It looked to tap into current trends on social media and capitalise on three focal crowd-pullers: selfies, user-generated content and customisation. The aim was to open doors to the ‘Game of Thrones’ universe for Twitterati fans of the series.
Undertaking a real time digital activity, Star World invited fans on Twitter to send in a selfie with the hashtag: #GOT7onSW which they then transformed into a personalised ‘Game of Thrones season 7’ campaign poster.
The channel added that it went on to receive a response that not only re-affirmed the cult status of the show but also love for the brand. Star World India trended worldwide and #GOTS7onSW trended in India for 11 hours with Star World receiving over 25,000 tweets. The fervour, however, didn’t stop as the activity garnered an estimated 161 million impressions with over 3000 personalised posters being rolled out on a real time basis. Influencers like Aashka Goradia, Atul Khatri, Madan Chikna and Pakchikpak Raja Babu got their own personalised posters. Star World also engaged with birthday girl Priyanka Chopra by tweeting out birthday wishes to her through the personalised poster.