- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Star World launches ‘Game of Thrones’ season seven with personalised posters
MUMBAI: The great war is finally upon Westeros as the first episode of the seventh season of ‘Game of Thrones’ premiered on English GEC Star World last Tuesday at 11 pm.
In order to promote the launch, Star World undertook a digital campaign to engage with fans. It looked to tap into current trends on social media and capitalise on three focal crowd-pullers: selfies, user-generated content and customisation. The aim was to open doors to the ‘Game of Thrones’ universe for Twitterati fans of the series.
Undertaking a real time digital activity, Star World invited fans on Twitter to send in a selfie with the hashtag: #GOT7onSW which they then transformed into a personalised ‘Game of Thrones season 7’ campaign poster.
The channel added that it went on to receive a response that not only re-affirmed the cult status of the show but also love for the brand. Star World India trended worldwide and #GOTS7onSW trended in India for 11 hours with Star World receiving over 25,000 tweets. The fervour, however, didn’t stop as the activity garnered an estimated 161 million impressions with over 3000 personalised posters being rolled out on a real time basis. Influencers like Aashka Goradia, Atul Khatri, Madan Chikna and Pakchikpak Raja Babu got their own personalised posters. Star World also engaged with birthday girl Priyanka Chopra by tweeting out birthday wishes to her through the personalised poster.