- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Star Vijay sees change of guard; Balachandran steps in as Sriram quits
MUMBAI: Star India’s Tamil GEC Star Vijay has seen a change of guard with R Balachandran taking over as the channel head following the exit of K Sriram.
According to a source, Balachandran will be the deputy business head of the channel, reporting to Star India CEO South Kevin Vaz. Balachandran was earlier SVP planning and marketing of Star Vijay.
Sriram had spent 16 years as GM of Star Vijay. This is, by far, one of the longest stints by any business head of a channel in India. He was relieved last week by the company. He oversaw the launch of Star India’s second Tamil GEC Vijay Super in August and Vijay HD in May.
Balachandran has been working with Star since June 2004. Prior to Star, he had one-year stints with Mindshare, Lowe Roche and Singer India.