- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Star Sports to broadcast Premier Badminton League 2016
MUMBAI: The Badminton Association of India (BAI) has awarded the broadcast rights for the upcoming season of Premier Badminton League (PBL), formerly Indian Badminton League, to Star Sports.
Star Sports will do a live coverage of all the 18 matches, which include 15 ties with five matches each followed by two semi-finals and one final match, of the league over 16 days.
The PBL 2016 will feature six franchises and each franchise will host a two-day leg. The matches will be held during evening for primetime television broadcast.
The top four franchises in the league will enter the semi-finals and the winners of the semi-finals will meet at the grand finale on 17 January 2016, which will be held in New Delhi.
“Star Sports will air all the action from the Premier Badminton League, with the world’s top shuttlers set to square off in the country’s largest badminton tournament. The prospect of the best of the badminton world playing for various teams in the Premier Badminton League is tremendously exciting. We at Star Sports are committed to fostering a multi-sport culture in India and are delighted to be bringing all the action, from every serve to every smash, live to the millions of sports fans across the country,” a Star Sports spokesperson said.
BAI president & PBL chairman Dr Akhilesh Das Gupta added, “We are proud that we have a partner like Star Sports who are committed to hosting the Premier Badminton League. With this partnership, the viewers will get high-quality LIVE matches with new-age technologies. We are confident that the Premier Badminton League through Star Sports will be popular and will attract new viewers.”