- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Star Sports launches campaign for India–Aussie series
MUMBAI: Sports broadcaster Star Sports has kicked off its campaign for the India vs Australia ODI series with a TVC.
The five-match ODI series, which will be followed by 3 T20s, starts on 17 September.
The film captures the anticipation and excitement around the series, and Indian fans will hope that the Tiger (India) prevails over the Kangaroo (Australia) yet again! Earlier this year, a hard-fought Test series (Ind 2 – 1 Aus) saw new rivalries being born and friendships being fractured. Both sides are led by aggressive captains and will play to win.
The upcoming ODI and T20 line-up promises to be the most anticipated series of the season. This series will also define the next chapter in the rivalry between these two cricketing powerhouses and possibly settle the Kohli vs Smith debate as well.
A Star India Spokesperson said, “This campaign is unique and different from any other sports campaign and we are pleased with the response it has garnered. We look forward to some exciting cricket between the two powerhouses in the lead up to the festive season.”
Former Australian cricketer Mike Hussey said, “Winning in India has always been a priority for any Australian side, and this series is a great opportunity for the Australian team to upset India at home. I am excited and I look forward to witnessing this great cricketing battle between two top sides and also to the Kohli vs Smith clash!”
The TVC has been viewed over six million times since its release.
This year, Star Sports brings to cricket fans exciting action right from Diwali to Christmas starting with the India vs Australia series, followed by India tour of New Zealand (3 ODIs and 3 T20Is) and Sri Lanka’s tour of India (3 ODIs and 3 T20Is).