- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Star Sports bags two golds at DIGIXX Awards 2017
MUMBAI: Sports channel Star Sports won gold in two categories at the prestigious DIGIXX Awards 2017.
The channel was awarded in categories like Digital Marketing Excellence in Media for their overall digital initiatives and campaigns in 2016. Star Sports’ Janessa Fernandes was given an individual award in the Young Guns of the Year category for digital marketing for kabaddi.
Star Sports rolled out the following digital campaigns in 2016—#LePanga, #AsliPanga, #OneBigBlue, #MakeYourMiracle and #BillionCheers.
On winning the award, a Star Sports spokesperson said, “It is a proud moment for Star Sports to win two golds at the prestigious DIGIXX Awards. We are delighted to have been recognised for our work in the digital marketing frontier. It’s recognition to the consistent and dedicated efforts put by our digital marketing team throughout the year. It’s a great beginning to 2017 and awards like this continue to inspire us in our endeavour of achieving excellence in the digital space. Star Sports would like to convey its best wishes to the other winners as well who have been doing exceptional work.”
The annual DIGIXX Awards took place on 10 March 2017, at The Leela Ambience, in Gurugram. The awards aim to recognise and celebrate excellence in Digital marketing and advertising that creates an exceptional user experience that is deeply engaging and interactive. The awards categories were broadly divided into three major groups—Industry Sector Awards, Discipline Awards for Campaign and Special Awards.