- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
- Pakistani PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi seeks implementation of UNSC resolution on Kashmir
Star Sports acquires Ultimate Table Tennis media rights
MUMBAI: Star Sports has acquired the media rights to Ultimate Table Tennis (UTT), India’s first-ever table tennis league.
The inaugural edition of the league will be aired on Star Sports Select 2 and Star Sports Select 2 HD from 13 to 30 July from 7:30 pm onwards. The league will also be streamed live on Star India’s digital platform Hotstar.
“We are delighted to have Star Sports on board as the official broadcaster for the Ultimate Table Tennis. This will help take the league to a larger audience and give them the best viewer experience. We believe that the sport will get a wider reach and viewership than ever through this association,” said UTT owner Vita Dani.
A Star India Spokesperson said, “At Star Sports, we are committed to nurturing a multi-sport culture in India. Bringing fans closer to table tennis through the Ultimate Table Tennis league is a step forward in that direction. Our understanding of the sporting landscape in the country and, more importantly, our everyday connect with the Indian sports fan helps us showcase compelling content. We believe that the Ultimate Table Tennis league will generate widespread interest for the sport and provide global exposure to talented Indian players.”
This partnership adds to Star Sports’ existing repertoire of domestic leagues consisting of the Pro Kabaddi League, India Super League, Premier Badminton League, Hockey India League, positioning Star Sports as the premier destination for sports in India. Star Sports was also the official broadcasting partner for ITTF World Tour India Open, Delhi, 2017.
The UTT league will have 24 of India’s best players and 24 leading international players competing in the marquee competition. Each team will have eight players—four men and four women—with an equal mix of overseas and Indian players. Each team will have one foreign and one Indian coach.