- OnePlus 5 to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, first smartphone in India
- Apple TV updates Twitter with live 360 degree videos feature
- Infosys Ltd announces its new strategy to hire and train 10,000 American workers over the next two years.
- Uber will roll-out new feature in India, enabling users to unlock custom Snapchat filters
- Hollywood star Brad Pitt visits India to promote his Netflix release 'War Machine’
- Wolrd Organisation UN denies Pakistan’s claim that Indian troops targeted UN vehicle near LoCs
- Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court grants bail to five accused in coal case against Naveen Jindal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi stresses on reducing dependence on other countries for getting medical equipment, to make treatment affordable for people
- Devendra Fadnavis chopper crash lands in Latur, Maharashtra CM and team escapes unhurt
Star set to launch Telugu channel Maa Movies HD
MUMBAI: Star India is ready to launch the high-definition (HD) version of its Telugu movie channel Maa Movies.
The new channel will be a mirror of Maa Movies SD version.
Maa Movies HD, which is priced Rs 25 on reference interconnect offer (RIO), is likely to launch on 15 February.
The launch of the new channel will take Star’s regional HD count to seven and the total HD channel count to 27.
Last year, Star had launched six regional HD channels back to back. These include Bengali channels Star Jalsha HD and Jalsha Movies HD, Tamil channel Vijay HD, Telugu channel Maa HD, and Marathi channel Star Pravah HD. Its first regional HD channel was Asianet HD. All these channels are priced Rs 25 on RIO basis.
In December 2015, Star India acquired the broadcast business of Maa Television Network comprising four Telugu language entertainment channels—Maa TV, Maa Movies, Maa Gold and Maa Music—for $346 million.