- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Star Plus ventures into detective drama space with ‘Private Investigator’
MUMBAI: Star Plus is venturing into the detective drama genre to add variety to its Sunday programming.
The finite series comprising one-hour episodes will tell the story of a college-going 21-year-old private investigator named Raffe Roy Chaudhary, who uses his extraordinary observation skills to solve crimes that baffle even the police.
The show stars Mrinal Dutt, Sandhya Mridul, Vrajesh Hirjee and Aamir Bashir in pivotal roles. It is produced by FremantleMedia and conceptualised by Sourabh Ratnu. The series will be jointly directed by Sourabh Ratnu and Anusha Rizvi.
Equipped with nothing but his unique observational skills and superior intellect, he teams up with the comical and simple-minded inspector Tiwari to solve crimes that have no apparent motives or suspects.
Raffe is emotionally attached to his mother Anita Roy Chaudhary who has kept him away from a dark secret about his past that could change his life forever.
This will perhaps be the first time the channel is attempting a story in the detective drama space. In 2012 it had launched ‘Arjun’, an action crime drama about a rebellious cop.