- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Star Plus ventures into detective drama space with ‘Private Investigator’
MUMBAI: Star Plus is venturing into the detective drama genre to add variety to its Sunday programming.
The finite series comprising one-hour episodes will tell the story of a college-going 21-year-old private investigator named Raffe Roy Chaudhary, who uses his extraordinary observation skills to solve crimes that baffle even the police.
The show stars Mrinal Dutt, Sandhya Mridul, Vrajesh Hirjee and Aamir Bashir in pivotal roles. It is produced by FremantleMedia and conceptualised by Sourabh Ratnu. The series will be jointly directed by Sourabh Ratnu and Anusha Rizvi.
Equipped with nothing but his unique observational skills and superior intellect, he teams up with the comical and simple-minded inspector Tiwari to solve crimes that have no apparent motives or suspects.
Raffe is emotionally attached to his mother Anita Roy Chaudhary who has kept him away from a dark secret about his past that could change his life forever.
This will perhaps be the first time the channel is attempting a story in the detective drama space. In 2012 it had launched ‘Arjun’, an action crime drama about a rebellious cop.