- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Star Plus to make a local version of ‘Prisoners of War’
MUMBAI: Hindi GEC Star Plus will make a local version of ‘Prisoners of War’.
Star acquired the format rights from Keshet International. The series will be directed by Nikhil Advani and produced by Emmay Entertainment.
“The versatility of the format is evident since it has attracted a dedicated following everywhere it has aired. Securing this deal with a highly esteemed partner is indicative of KI’s future ambitions in India,” said Keshet International MD distribution Keren Shahar.
‘Prisoners of War’ is a drama about three Israeli soldiers who were captured seventeen years ago while on a secret mission with their unit in Lebanon. The story begins with their return home, after years of negotiations for their freedom. Two soldiers return to Israel alive, the third comes home in a coffin.
The series explores the soldiers’ reintegration into Israeli society on both a national and personal level. However, while the soldiers are reacclimatizing to their lives, a secret investigation is also unfolding, into the truth surrounding their capture and the many discrepancies in the soldiers’ stories. As the investigators get closer to finding what really happened to them in captivity, the two soldiers become even more determined to hide the biggest secret of all.
A 40% average market share made ‘Prisoners of War’ the highest rated drama in Israel in 2010/2012. The American series ‘Homeland’ is based on ‘Prisoners of War’.