- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Star Plus to launch ‘Rishton Ka Chakravyuh’ on 7 August
MUMBAI: Hindi GEC Star Plus is all set to premiere a new show titled ‘Rishton Ka Chakravyuh’ on 7 August. It will air at 6 pm, Monday–Friday.
‘Rishton Ka Chakravyuh’ will replace the channel’s existing show ‘Mere Angne Mein’, produced by Sphere Origins.
‘Rishton Ka Chakravyuh’ will depict the collision between an authoritative mother named Satrupa and her daughter Anami. Set against a royal backdrop, the show focuses on a rich industrial family residing at the majestic Lal Mahal, which is home to many conspiracies.
The show stars Narayani Shastri as Satrupa and Mahima Makwana as Anami. Satrupa is a strong-willed, successful business woman. The only child of her parents, she took responsibility of her business on her shoulders at a very young age. She has sacrificed a lot in her life to reach where she is today and the strings of Lal Mahal completely lie in her hands.
Shastri said, “It’s like a home coming for me with this show. As kids, we have been very close to our mothers. Especially daughters, who during their growing up age confide in their mothers. Though this is the usual case, it is quite interesting to work in a show which instead portrays the battle of the mother–daughter duo.”
The show also features other actors including Sangita Ghosh and Praneet Bhatt as antagonists along with Anju Mahendru and Tom Alter.