- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Star Plus to launch ‘MasterChef India 5’ on 1 Oct
MUMBAI: Hindi GEC Star Plus is all set to begin a new culinary battle with the fifth season of ‘MasterChef India’.
The hunt for the world’s best cook will start on 1 October, airing every weekend from 8 to 9 pm. It will take the place of dance reality show ‘Dance Plus 2’, which concluded on 25 September.
This year, the show has got Chefs Vikas Khanna and Kunal Kapur back together on the judges’ panel, along with Chef Zorawar Kalra. The earlier season featured Chefs Vikas Khanna and Sanjeev Kapoor along with Chef Ranveer Brar.
The format of the show is yet unknown, but it seems the makers have plans to rope in Bollywood celebrities for making special appearances. Actresses Bipasha Basu recently posted her picture from the set of ‘Master Chef India’ on Instagram.
The auditions for the fifth season of ‘MasterChef India’ started on 5 June, with the first auditions taking place in Kolkata. Auditions were also held in New Delhi and Mumbai, and for the first time in London and Dubai.
Based on the original British ‘MasterChef’, the format of the show is quite simple. The initial rounds consist of a large number of contestants from across India individually auditioning by presenting a dish before the three judges to gain one of 50 semi-final spots.
The semi-finalists then compete to gain a spot in Top 12, showcasing there food knowledge and preparation skills. The 12 chefs further compete for the title and to have their own cookery show, the chance to have their own cook book published, and a cash prize. Last year, Nikita Gandhi became the winner, with Neha Deepak Shah as the first runner-up and Bhakti Arora as the second runner-up.