- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Star Plus to have a sequel to ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’
MUMBAI: Hindi GEC Star Plus is bringing a sequel to its popular show ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’, which aired its final episode on 10 September 2016. The sequel will have the title ‘Tu Sooraj, Main Saanjh Piyaji’.
A first ever sequel for any long-running Indian fiction show, this announcement is a very special one for television viewers.
Taking off where the show left, the sequel will answer the question as to what happened in the wake of Sooraj and Sandhya’s passing. Why is Bhabho in Kerala? Where are Sooraj and Sandhya’s children today? Ved, Vansh and Kanak would be young adults now, how are they and what will they be like? What happened to the halwai shop? Where are Meenakshi, Vikram and the other family members now?
Launched in 2011, ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’, ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’ was a journey of two unlikely partners who personified the ideal relationship. Challenging the social conditioning, Sooraj as a husband, despite his own shortcomings, gave wings to Sandhya’s dream of becoming an IPS officer.
The show broke a lot of stereotypes including the notion that a mother-in-law is a hurdle for a daughter-in-law in pursuing her dreams. Sandhya truly defied the belief that ‘A woman cannot have it all’ by balancing both duty and responsibility.