- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Star Plus to have a sequel to ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’
MUMBAI: Hindi GEC Star Plus is bringing a sequel to its popular show ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’, which aired its final episode on 10 September 2016. The sequel will have the title ‘Tu Sooraj, Main Saanjh Piyaji’.
A first ever sequel for any long-running Indian fiction show, this announcement is a very special one for television viewers.
Taking off where the show left, the sequel will answer the question as to what happened in the wake of Sooraj and Sandhya’s passing. Why is Bhabho in Kerala? Where are Sooraj and Sandhya’s children today? Ved, Vansh and Kanak would be young adults now, how are they and what will they be like? What happened to the halwai shop? Where are Meenakshi, Vikram and the other family members now?
Launched in 2011, ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’, ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’ was a journey of two unlikely partners who personified the ideal relationship. Challenging the social conditioning, Sooraj as a husband, despite his own shortcomings, gave wings to Sandhya’s dream of becoming an IPS officer.
The show broke a lot of stereotypes including the notion that a mother-in-law is a hurdle for a daughter-in-law in pursuing her dreams. Sandhya truly defied the belief that ‘A woman cannot have it all’ by balancing both duty and responsibility.