- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Star Plus to celebrate Women’s Day with special show
MUMBAI: To celebrate womanhood and empower women on the occasion of International Women’s Day, Star Plus has designed a special show ‘Anmol Hai Tu: Nayi Soch Ko Salaam’.
Star Plus has earlier explored women’s issues through their women-centric ‘Nayi Soch’ shows. The new initiative is an attempt to salute the spirit of womanhood.
Airing on 8 March at 9 pm, the show will recognise and honour women who refused to let society defeat their spirit. It will seek to empower many other women through their stories of triumph.
Hosted by Bollywood actor Huma Qureshi, ‘Anmol Hai Tu: Nayi Soch Ko Salaam’ will honour five women who have dedicated their lives to a movement that has played a crucial role in the uplift and betterment of not only women, but also society at large.
Qureshi will be seen interacting with women achievers who dared to bring about a change and, through their stories and experiences, share information, guidelines, laws, and helplines to create awareness about women’s issues.
The show will be interspersed with issue-based performances presented by artists like Sanjeeda Sheikh, Mouni Roy, Ritwik Dhanjani, Sargun Mehta, and Shakti Mohan, among others.