- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Star Plus to air Ekta Kapoor’s ‘Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil’ this Diwali
MUMBAI: This Diwali, Star Plus will be airing Ekta Kapoor’s ‘Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil’. There will be a sneak peek at the show on 8 October.
Produced by Balaji Telefilms, the series is said to be inspired by the 1997 film ‘Pardes’.
The show features Arjun Bijlani and Drashti Dhami in the lead roles as Raghav and Naina respectively. Veteran actor Surekha Sikri plays the role of Indermati Mehra, who takes pride in single-handedly running the family business in Austria.
Currently being shot in Austria, the show revolves around the love story of two individuals brought together by a series of happy coincidences. Dhami will be making her comeback on television with the show; this will also mark the first time she will be seen on Star Plus.
Speaking about the show, Dhami said, “I love working with Balaji Telefilms. ‘Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil’ is the story of a strong, independent woman, Naina. She is a firm believer in love. Naina is her mother’s support system and finds a friend in her at all times.”
Bijlani, who has already worked on multiple Balaji Telefilms shows, praised Ekta Kapoor’s team of writers for coming up with the best scripts. “I will be seen as Raghav, who is kind at heart and high-spirited. His sense of humour lightens up any situation for strangers and family alike,” he added.