- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Star Plus, Sony Pal capture Hindi GEC crown for urban, rural markets
MUMBAI: Star Plus pipped Colors for the top spot in the urban markets while Sony Pal ousted Zee Anmol to take the leadership position in rural India, as per BARC data for the week ended 20 May.
Except the change at the top, the pecking order remained unchanged for the urban market.
Top 5 shows in urban market
The list of the top five programmes for the urban market was dominated by ‘Naagin’.
In the rural market, Star Utsav took the second position while Zee Anmol dropped to the third position. The remaining positions remained unchanged.
In the case of rural market, ‘Jodha Akbar’ was the No. 1 show. ‘Naagin’ was also among the top five programmes in the rural markets. Apart from ‘Naagin’, Star Plus’ ‘Saath Nibhaana Sathiya’ and Zee TV’s ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ had a presence in the top 5 list of urban and rural markets.
In Hindi movie genre, the pecking order remained unchanged, but Sony Max, which has been riding high for quite some time on the back of the IPL, lost 7% in weekly impressions. On the other hand, Star Gold and Zee Cinema saw growth in weekly impressions.
The top five programmes, as usual, were dominated by IPL matches.