- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Star Plus, Sony Pal capture Hindi GEC crown for urban, rural markets
MUMBAI: Star Plus pipped Colors for the top spot in the urban markets while Sony Pal ousted Zee Anmol to take the leadership position in rural India, as per BARC data for the week ended 20 May.
Except the change at the top, the pecking order remained unchanged for the urban market.
Top 5 shows in urban market
The list of the top five programmes for the urban market was dominated by ‘Naagin’.
In the rural market, Star Utsav took the second position while Zee Anmol dropped to the third position. The remaining positions remained unchanged.
In the case of rural market, ‘Jodha Akbar’ was the No. 1 show. ‘Naagin’ was also among the top five programmes in the rural markets. Apart from ‘Naagin’, Star Plus’ ‘Saath Nibhaana Sathiya’ and Zee TV’s ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ had a presence in the top 5 list of urban and rural markets.
In Hindi movie genre, the pecking order remained unchanged, but Sony Max, which has been riding high for quite some time on the back of the IPL, lost 7% in weekly impressions. On the other hand, Star Gold and Zee Cinema saw growth in weekly impressions.
The top five programmes, as usual, were dominated by IPL matches.