- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Star Plus, Rishtey retain top honours in Week 8; ‘Naagin 2’ is No. 1 show across HSM
MUMBAI: Star Plus maintained its lead with 71.21 crore weekly impressions in the urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM), according to BARC data for Week 8 based on the updated universe estimate (UE)
As this data is based on NCCS all: 2+ individuals, it is not comparable with the previous week’s data which was based on NCCS all: 4+ individuals.
As per the UE, there was a whopping 18% jump in the total TV households with the number of rural TV homes overtaking urban.
According to the new data, Colors remained at the second spot with 64.05 crore weekly impressions.
Rishtey grabbed the third spot with 53.75 crore weekly impressions, followed by Sony Pal with 52.33 crore.
Zee TV occupied the fifth spot with 50.83 weekly impressions.
Top 5 shows in U+R HSM
‘Naagin 2’ grabbed the top spot across the urban and rural HSM. While the show took this premium position in urban + rural HSM and urban HSM being on Colors, in the rural market it was the airing on Rishtey which got the top rank.
Zee TV’s ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ took the second place. The telecast of ‘Naagin 2’ on the free-to-air (FTA) channel Rishtey helped the channel to grab the third spot. ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ stayed at the fourth place while ‘Shani’ got the fifth rank.
Top Hindi GECs in Urban HSM
Star Plus ruled the urban market, followed by Colors. SET stood third while Zee TV got the fourth spot.
SAB stood ahead of Life OK to take the fifth spots.
Top 5 shows in Urban HSM
SET’s ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ ranked second in the urban market while Colors’ ‘Shani’ stood in the third spot.
Zee TV’s ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ stood fourth, followed by Colors’ ‘Shakti’.
Top Hindi GECs in Rural HSM
Rishtey took a lead over Zee Anmol in the rural HSM. Sony Pal took the third spot, followed next by Star Utsav.
Star Plus took the fifth position, whereas Zee TV was ranked sixth, followed by Colors.
Top 5 shows in rural HSM
‘Naagin 2’ on Rishtey was the top-rated show.
Star Utsav’s ‘Saath Nibhaana Saathiya’ was the second-most-watched show on the list.
Zee Anmol’s two shows, namely ‘Jodha Akbar’ and ‘Afsar Bitiya’, also entered the list. Sony Pal’s ‘Baalveer’ was the fourth top show in the rural market.
- Star Plus returns as No. 1 Hindi GEC for U+R HSM in Week 7
- Aaj Tak, Times Now lead English, Hindi news genres
- Sony Max, Sony Wah top channels in urban and rural HSM in Week 8