- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Star Plus pips Colors to regain Hindi GEC crown; Max is top Hindi movie channel
MUMBAI: Star Plus regained the Hindi GEC crown in the eighth week of 2016. Colors, which had snatched the numero uno position from Star Plus in the previous week, has slipped to the second position.
According to BARC ratings for the week ended 26 February, Zee TV and Zee Anmol continued to hold firm grip on the third and fourth positions.
Free-to-air (FTA) channels Star Utsav and Sony Pal improved their positions while Life OK fell two spots to the seventh position.
The bottom three remain unchanged with Rishtey, SAB TV and Sony Entertainment Television (SET) holding on to their respective positions in that order.
Colors, Zee TV, Star Plus and Zee Anmol had one show each among the week’s top five programmes. The India–Bangladesh T20 match on DD National was the second most-watched programme during the week.
The Hindi movie genre saw a shift in the top position, with Star Gold, which had made it to the top due to the premiere of ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’, making way for Sony Max, which got a boost due to the airing of ‘PK’.
Zee Cinema moved a notch up to the second position, while Star Gold crashed to the third position. Movies OK and &Pictures retained the third and fourth positions respectively.
Sony Max and Star Gold had two films each in the top five programmes while Zee Cinema had one.