- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Star Plus lines up Big B’s ‘Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi’ for 18 Oct
MUMBAI: This festive season viewers can expect a volley of fireworks on their television screens as Hindi general entertainment channels line up their best shows. Genre leader Star Plus is also leaving no stone unturned as it lines up its most-awaited show ‘Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi’ for 18 October.
Slated to launch in the festive season, the show will air at 8 pm on Sundays on Star Plus and its digital platform Hotstar.
It will replace the dance reality show ‘Dance Plus’. It may be noted that the channel airs its fiction properties from Monday to Saturday.
‘Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi’ is the Indian adaptation of the popular British format ‘Tonight’s The Night’. The show will revolve around common people who have accomplished something extraordinary.
It seems that Bachchan is also composing some tracks for the show. He recently posted on Twitter, “Back from work… its 4 am… ready for more… time spent at 2 studios, composing 4 tracks for TV show… it’s the ultimate joy!”
With Bollywood mega star Amitabh Bachchan coming back on Star Plus after 15 years, this is touted as one of the biggest shows to be launched by Star. It is thus expected to garner big bucks from advertisers.
In his new show, Bachchan will compete with ‘The Anupam Kher Show’ on Colors, ‘Deal or No Deal’ on &TV with TV actor Ronit Roy, Life OK’s comedy fiction ‘Dafa 420’ and SAB TV’s ‘Police Factory’.
Interestingly, other channels like Zee TV and Sony Entertainament Television do not have any major shows airing in the time slot.
Another interesting factor is that with ‘Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi’ lined up at 8 pm, it will escape the competition heat at 9 pm that will be seen with shows like Colors’ ‘Bigg Boss Double Trouble’ with Salman Khan and Zee TV’s ‘I Can Do That’ with Farhan Akhtar.