- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Star Plus gets Shankar–Ehsaan–Loy to compose music for ‘Aarambh’
MUMBAI: Star Plus is leaving no stone unturned to scale up the production value of its upcoming historical drama ‘Aarambh’.
The show, which is set to mark the television debut of veteran Bollywood actress Tanuja Mukherjee, has roped in popular music composer trio Shankar–Ehsaan–Loy (SEL) to compose music.
According to sources, SEL have composed the title track for the show, and listening to it for the first time, one feels as if they were part of a war sequence themselves. The ‘Aarambh Anthem’ is sung by Siddhant Mahadevan and Mahalaxmi Iyer.
Written by KV Vijayendra Prasad, who has also written for movies like ‘Baahubali’ and ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’, ‘Aarambh’ is directed by Goldie Behl and is about two ancient clans—Aryans and Dravidians.
The show’s female lead is said to be similar to Devasena (Baahubali’s warrior princess) and will also bear the same name. The character is played by Tamil film actress Karthika Nair. The show will mark Nair’s debut on Hindi television. Mukherji will play the character of priestess.