- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Star Movies, Zee Café topple leaders in Week 24
MUMBAI: Both the English general entertainment and English movie genres have seen new leaders in the week ended 19 June, as per viewership data released by BARC India.
In the English entertainment genre, Zee Café jumped two spots to claim the No. 1 spot, while AXN and Comedy Central witnessed a major fall in their respective viewership.
Incidentally, both Star Movies and Pix (at No. 3) saw major growth in their viewership, while Movies Now saw a decline.
Among the top 5 programmes, ‘Jurassic Park III’ on Star Movies was the second-most-watched film in the genre, while other four spots were taken by second season episodes of TV series ‘Transporter 2’ shown on Pix.
The end of summer holidays in many parts of the country clearly resulted in a decline in the viewership of the kids channels.
Though the pecking order in the genre remained unchanged (top 3), the channels witnessed a drop in their respective ratings.
Unlike the kids genre, viewership of the top three channels in the infotainment genre witnessed a hike during the week.
Discovery Channel continued to lead the pack, followed by National Geographic Channel and Animal Planet.