- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Star Movies, Zee Café topple leaders in Week 24
MUMBAI: Both the English general entertainment and English movie genres have seen new leaders in the week ended 19 June, as per viewership data released by BARC India.
In the English entertainment genre, Zee Café jumped two spots to claim the No. 1 spot, while AXN and Comedy Central witnessed a major fall in their respective viewership.
Incidentally, both Star Movies and Pix (at No. 3) saw major growth in their viewership, while Movies Now saw a decline.
Among the top 5 programmes, ‘Jurassic Park III’ on Star Movies was the second-most-watched film in the genre, while other four spots were taken by second season episodes of TV series ‘Transporter 2’ shown on Pix.
The end of summer holidays in many parts of the country clearly resulted in a decline in the viewership of the kids channels.
Though the pecking order in the genre remained unchanged (top 3), the channels witnessed a drop in their respective ratings.
Unlike the kids genre, viewership of the top three channels in the infotainment genre witnessed a hike during the week.
Discovery Channel continued to lead the pack, followed by National Geographic Channel and Animal Planet.