- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Star Movies to premiere ‘Thor: The Dark World’ this Diwali
MUMBAI: Star Movies is all set to ring in Diwali by premiering the second instalment of the popular franchise ‘Thor’.
The movie ‘Thor: The Dark World’ will air on 19 October at 1 and 9 pm on the channel.
Star India English Cluster GM Kevin Vaz said, “Diwali is one of the most awaited festive seasons in India. So what better way to welcome the onset of Diwali on Star Movies than to showcase one of the biggest Hollywood blockbusters of 2013—’Thor: The Dark World’. The movie had a worldwide collection of more than $644 million and is a visual treat to our viewers. As always, at Star Movies we want to immerse our viewers in a holistic movie screening experience.”
The channel has thus created a first-of-its-kind 3D art installation that will showcase the magic and brilliance of the Mjölnir, Thor’s hammer. As one witnesses this three-dimensional immersive masterpiece, it warns to make sure you watch your step, else you might just fall into an abyss.
Furthermore, Facebook and Twitter campaigns using #ThorOnStarMovies will give followers a chance to win exclusive Thor merchandise every day leading up to the premiere.
To ensure that the God of Thunder gets a loud welcome as he flies down to earth, there will also be special messaging on Jet Airways and PVR Cinemas as part of the integrated promotional campaign.
Star Movies has also partnered with the chain of Gold’s Gym for the Thor Try-outs, which is a competition of strength and endurance across Mumbai, Delhi, Pune and Bangalore.