- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Star Movies teams up with Farhan Akhtar, Vishal Dadlani for ‘X-Men’ premiere music video
MUMBAI: In a first-of-its-kind initiative, English movie channel Star Movies has joined hands with Farhan Akhtar, Vishal Dadlani and Skrat for a music video to promote the film ‘X-Men: Days of the Future Past’.
The movie premieres on the channel on 19 April at 1 pm with a repeat at 9 pm.
In the movie, the X-Men come together to ward off an undefeatable enemy. This movie highlights the power of camaraderie, brotherhood, and the fact that the only way to save the future is to stand together.
The broadcaster said that there is no better way to pay tribute to the power of friendship than music, hence the music video.
Akhtar said, “Our aim is to help indie music and artists get onto mainstream platforms. The song ‘Mutant Macha’ is a collaborative effort between Skrat, Vishal, and me. It’s a song that portrays the ultimate hero—someone who stands for good in the most adverse of times. Our collaboration is keeping in spirit with the kinship that the world needs to create a united force for positivity. We have partnered with Star Movies to put out the song for the TV premiere of ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’.”
Dadlani said, “The best thing about music is that it speaks a universal language and as long as you feel the emotion, you get the message no matter what the genre. We are glad to have come together to create this piece for Star Movies and I hope everyone has a blast listening to it.”
Farout Media CEO, co-founder Anurag Rao said, “The vision for Farout Media is based on its core principle of ‘Music Innovations’, with a clear focus on artist interests and repertoire monetisation. Star ‘Movies: X-Men 2’ premiere partnership is a fantastic way to introduce new music through synchronisation and retention of music rights by content creators.”
A Star Movies spokesperson said, “Star Movies has always been at the forefront of enhancing viewer experience in every possible way. This association is in sync with our purpose of giving the young talent of India a platform, making this association a perfect example of camaraderie and friendship just like the movie ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’.”