- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Star Movies Select HD to premiere unreleased film ‘I Am Ali’
MUMBAI: Sticking to its core promise of 365 days 365 stories, Star Movies Select HD is set to premiere ‘I Am Ali’, the inspiring story of boxing’s biggest legend Muhammad Ali. The movie was never released in India in theatres.
The film is part of the channel’s tradition of showcasing an unreleased movie every month.
The film will be aired on 9 January at 9 pm.
Earlier in November, the channel had aired ‘Unreleased Movie Festival’, showcasing movies such as ‘Cuban Fury’, ‘Alan Partridge’, ‘Endless Love’, ‘Better Living Through Chemistry’, ‘Savannah’, and ‘I Give it A Year’.
The channel is planning to air a similar festival in the month of March this year.
‘I am Ali’ gives an intimate and heart-warming look at the man behind the legend through exclusive, unprecedented access to Ali’s personal archive of ‘audio journals’ combined with touching interviews and testimonials from his family and friends, including legends of the boxing community such as Mike Tyson, George Foreman and Gene Kilroy.
Prior to Muhammad Ali, boxers were seen, not heard. As Clare Lewin shows, Ali had the repartee of a comedian. He was effortlessly witty and perceptive. Lewins and her team have researched their documentary diligently. They have tracked down some wonderful stills and archive footage, and interviewed many people very close to Ali. They use music inventively and strike a brisk tempo, cutting between the talking head interviews, old footage and audio recordings.