- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Star Movies Select HD to premiere ‘Sicario’ on 24 Dec
MUMBAI: Star Movies Select HD is all set to premiere Denis Villeneuve’s ‘Sicario’ on 24 December at 9 pm.
‘Sicario’ is a nail-biting drama that presents an idealistic FBI agent’s battle with her own emotions as she is introduced to a whole new world of violence and carnage along the lawless border area stretching between the US and Mexico, as part of a clandestine black ops operation.
Starring Academy Award Winner Benicio Del Toro and Nominee Josh Brolin, this American crime-thriller drama film is a stark tale on the escalating war against drugs as the protagonist, Emily Blunt, tries to wrestle her own demons at the cost of the greater good. Led by an enigmatic consultant with a questionable past, an idealistic FBI agent Kate Macer finds herself caught between the boundaries of what can be regarded as moral and immoral.
The film was nominated for three Academy Awards in Cinematography, Sound Editing and Best Original Music Score.