- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Star Movies Select HD to premiere Hugh Jackman starrer ‘Eddie the Eagle’ on 22 April
MUMBAI: Star Movies Select HD is all set to premiere the critically renowned movie ‘Eddie the Eagle’ on 22 April at 9 pm.
Created by the producers of ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’, ‘Eddie the Eagle’ is a real-life story of Michael Eddie Edwards and his coach played by Hugh Jackman. Eddie is an unlikely but courageous British ski-jumper who never stopped believing in himself – even as an entire nation was counting him out. Eddie eventually takes on the establishment and wins the hearts of sports fans around the world by making an improbable and historic showing at the 1988 Calgary Winter Olympics.
‘Eddie the Eagle’ stars Taron Egerton as Eddie the underdog with a never say die attitude along with Hollywood’s renowned actor Hugh Jackman, Eddie’s rebellious coach.
The movie premiered back in January 2016 at the Sundance Film Festival and received positive reviews. Speaking about the movie, Eddie had said, “The press portrayed me as a joke and a clown. So this is nice because it shows people just what it took for me to get to those Olympic Games. For me, just getting there was my gold medal.”