- MIB integrates three media units under newly created BOC
- Republic TV, BTVI in strategic content alliance for Union Budget 2018
- Oyeeee Media gets board approval to partner Balaji, Essel Vision
- TV Today invests Rs 28.6 crore in Mail Today
- Prime Focus to raise Rs 330 cr via preferential warrants to cut debt
- Sony acquires India broadcast rights of T10 Cricket League
Star Movies Select HD to premiere Hugh Jackman starrer ‘Eddie the Eagle’ on 22 April
MUMBAI: Star Movies Select HD is all set to premiere the critically renowned movie ‘Eddie the Eagle’ on 22 April at 9 pm.
Created by the producers of ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’, ‘Eddie the Eagle’ is a real-life story of Michael Eddie Edwards and his coach played by Hugh Jackman. Eddie is an unlikely but courageous British ski-jumper who never stopped believing in himself – even as an entire nation was counting him out. Eddie eventually takes on the establishment and wins the hearts of sports fans around the world by making an improbable and historic showing at the 1988 Calgary Winter Olympics.
‘Eddie the Eagle’ stars Taron Egerton as Eddie the underdog with a never say die attitude along with Hollywood’s renowned actor Hugh Jackman, Eddie’s rebellious coach.
The movie premiered back in January 2016 at the Sundance Film Festival and received positive reviews. Speaking about the movie, Eddie had said, “The press portrayed me as a joke and a clown. So this is nice because it shows people just what it took for me to get to those Olympic Games. For me, just getting there was my gold medal.”