- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
Star Movies, Select HD to premiere 3 Oscar-nominated films in Feb
MUMBAI: English movie channels Star Movies and Star Movies Select HD will premiere three Oscar-nominated films ‘Joy’, ‘Room’ and ‘Brooklyn’ from 11 to 25 February, every Saturday, at 6.30 pm.
The first is the heart-warming film ‘Room’, based on the book by Emma Donoghue, which tells the story of a mother and son and a room within which they create their world for five years. Brie Larson, who won an Oscar for her performance in this film, plays the mother.
She endeavours to provide her son a routine within the room but yearns for him to lead a normal life in the world outside and attempts to help him escape.
Ferocity, determination, confidence and courage are a few words that can be used to describe the tale of the entrepreneur and inventor Joy.
A moving adaptation of Colm Tóibín’s novel, ‘Brooklyn’, showcases the life of an Irish immigrant who has moved out of her house and her comfort zone as she struggles to create a home in a foreign land. In this journey, she falls in love with a local and reaches a point in her life where she has to decide between her true love and her roots.