- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Star Movies, Select HD to premiere 3 Oscar-nominated films in Feb
MUMBAI: English movie channels Star Movies and Star Movies Select HD will premiere three Oscar-nominated films ‘Joy’, ‘Room’ and ‘Brooklyn’ from 11 to 25 February, every Saturday, at 6.30 pm.
The first is the heart-warming film ‘Room’, based on the book by Emma Donoghue, which tells the story of a mother and son and a room within which they create their world for five years. Brie Larson, who won an Oscar for her performance in this film, plays the mother.
She endeavours to provide her son a routine within the room but yearns for him to lead a normal life in the world outside and attempts to help him escape.
Ferocity, determination, confidence and courage are a few words that can be used to describe the tale of the entrepreneur and inventor Joy.
A moving adaptation of Colm Tóibín’s novel, ‘Brooklyn’, showcases the life of an Irish immigrant who has moved out of her house and her comfort zone as she struggles to create a home in a foreign land. In this journey, she falls in love with a local and reaches a point in her life where she has to decide between her true love and her roots.